Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Dawn



By Vijay Subramaniam
(Vijay S Prasad, popularly known as Subbu, feels blessed to have been associated with Swami since his young student days. His primary and secondary schooling was at Swami’s schools at Ooty and Prashantinilayam. He went onto graduate in Mathematics and subsequently completed his MBA at Prashantinilayam. Subbu believes life should be an optimum blend of love, laughter and generous dose of healthy mischief. It never ceases to amaze him with its beautiful possibilities. Life is a university that has only students and knows no alumni. One is always learning. That’s a precious lesson and he’s grateful to Swami for being a constant friend in this exciting journey of discovery.)

Beloved,
You ask, Does darkness intimidate?
I smile at your probe
I maybe a moron
But with you by my side, I’m convinced
Darkness is quite an oxymoron
You ask, Am I impoverished?
I chuckle at that thought
Unlettered I maybe in commerce
But when love is the currency, my heart is infinitely rich
Poverty then is a trivial misnomer.



 
You ask, Does it ever get lonely?
I take a dip in the contemplation pond
At 12 noon, even my shadow is lost under me
But when you are my night, my day
I always have a friend, Beloved thee
You ask, Does the past or the future bother me?
I have my answer as an echo
Time may seek to boss me around
But when you the timeless, are my king
In in your durbar, time just serves as the clown
You ask, Is mortality a price?
I am assured in my reply
Death can be a master in finality
But the silence of a stopped heart beat is a celebration
Of an eternal life in love, the ultimate reality
You ask, So what do I want?
The question is the answer, I’m aware
There’s a lot that seeks to be owned

But in the calmness of a still mind, I’m clear
If I have thee love, I’m home.

So Beloved,
If I’m lost, let me be lost in thy love
If I’m found, let me be found in thy love
In this dawn, I wake up and realise love isn’t a dream
And in that awakening, I realize my worries have been put to sleep
Life is a great teacher; love is its greatest lesson
When your heart knows this truth
Even in the darkness of closed eyes
Love will shine resplendent as the sun.

No comments: