Tuesday 1 May 2012

THE STAR

By G.Lakshmi Iyer
(G.Lakshmi Iyer is currently pursuing her M.Sc. Final Year in Food Technology from the Anantapur campus of the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL). Prior to this she has done her B.Sc. in Chemistry from SSSIHL. She is an avid reader and a good writer. A very responsible and sincere girl, she keenly strives to practice Swami’s message of love and service in all her endeavours. In this article she shares her experience of joining Swami’s institutions and how the Master pulled the strings in her life.)
The star-lit sky on dark,velvety nights would often shimmer above a little girl who sat at her window, with her chin cupped in her tiny palms, gazing with out any goal at it, humming her favourite rhyme:”Twinkle twinkle little star…”.How she wondered about how great the One would be! The One who made these twinkling stars and placed them up so far above? The little girl’s wonder became yearning to become one of this twinkling wonders. When would she too shine bright like a diamond in the sky?

With this constant longing in her heart, the pages of her life flipped open one-by-one in front of her and she noticed that on every page was embossed a three lettered word SAI. As she grew up, she realized that in those three alphabets lay the essence of her life. Her appeal was heard and Benevolence showered profusely, and she became the diamond in the sky of Sai. She got her Caretaker and Companion, Master and Motivator, Mother and Mentor, all in one.

This little guiding light of mine:

!n 2008, the Master Choreographer decided to highlight Himself in the journey of my life, and he traced a golden path for me from a tiny town in Tamil nadu to the portals of His institution in Anantapur. His assuring hand was always there, holding and guiding me at every little step which I realized only after joining anantapur.Thereafter I basked under the canopy of his love and grace as His student till now. But, my Divine Friend is also a hard task master too. He has to test the worth of the instrument before granting it a purpose.

After completing my twelfth standard Board examination I had to fill a series of applications for my further study. As I was signing applications for different universities I came across one more application which was given to me by my aunt. It was an application form for Sri Sathya Sai University. I actually did not want to join there, as the university did not provide the course which I wanted to pursue . But for the sake of my aunt I had filled the application form. Thinking that I will not get selected in this institution as we were not ardent devotees of Bhagwan.

To my utter surprise after 20 days from the day when I had sent my application I got my hall ticket. It was really shocking and it was impossible because my application was half filled and many of the required columns were not filled because I didn’t want to join that institution. Then I accompanied by my father went to Prashinti Nilayam to write my entrance exam. That was my first time to Prashanti Nilayam. It was only after reaching there, feeling the atmosphere of that place, taking swami’s darshan etc , in the corner of my heart I got a willingness to study in this institution. I wrote my entrance. I was not at all prepared for it, with my basic knowledge I somehow managed to write it. I was very sure that I’m not going to get admission in this institution because of two reasons first was as we were not ardent devotees of swami and the second reason was I was not interested . Next day was the results of our entrance test. I was very sure that my name will not be there in the list and felt that my other co students who accompanied me they will get surely selected. I told this to my dad, he too felt the same and he told me that hope the best everything is god’s will. Next day morning as we came to know that results are published my dad ran to the Prashanti Nilayam campus to see the results. We both were sure that I will not get selected, but also had a little wish in the corner of the heart to get selected. As he went through the list he saw that the first name for second group interview was mine When my dad told me about this I was really confused and shocked, but was also happy.

Then came the time for my interview it was on the same day when the entrance test results were announced. I went to Kulwant hall sat for some time and got up in the middle of the bhajan session as I had to attend the interview. I was really feeling sad that I didn’t get swami’s darshan before going to interview. As me and my father we came out and started to move we heard that swami is going out. So we waited near the gopuram gate, as that was the way from where swami was about to go. Swami’s car came; there was only a rope’s distance between both of us and Swami’s car. As the car came both of us bowed down and swami blessed us lifting both his hands up. Tears of joy flowed down from both of our eyes.

Then I went to attend my interview. I was really tensed as this was the first interview of my life. It was my turn and I went inside, I saw Principal mam, Warden mam and Vice chancellor sir sitting there I wished them sairam and good morning and I took my seat. Vice Chancellor sir went through my application and he was really surprised as to how I came till the interview room as my application was half filled and it should have been rejected. Then my interview went on smoothly only for some five minutes and I came out. After finishing my interview also I was not really sure of getting a seat because in interview also I answered some questions incorrectly.

As my father said everything is god’s will, it is really true. With his own will I got selected for B.Sc MPC in his institution finished my B.Sc Chemistry (hons) from his institution and now currently pursuing my M.Sc Food Technology. Even a blade of grass cannot move without his will. It is the love and love alone of my Sai Maa which has made me shine as a diamond in the sky of SAI.

In the lotus feet of my loving Sai Maa I lay down this small wish.

Transfixed in your love, Oh! Sai Maa

Stars were shining down, When God gifted me a diamond crown, Made in His form, without a frown.

Oh Sai! You entered my life and I had no clue,

How you spread happiness of every hue.

Held me like a baby, Am i worthy of you, may be?

Your twinkling eyes spoke everything,

My worries and blues faded and I started to sing.

The world pronounced me to be a failure, But u stretched your hand to me in lure.

They said I am of no use anyway, But you made me believe I am best in my own way.

You filled my life with beautiful thought,

How can I forget the lessons you taught.

The feel of you makes me drown in the depths of sea,

And Wish to drink in your nectarine touch like a bee. Please, let me be with you forever,

I promise to hold your hand and leave it never.

Sheer truth is my love that beseeches you,

My tears are the evidence that I love you!

You tucked me under your wing under an envious sky,

If I say I am your child, will you say that I lie?

You are my mother, father, and sister, and my everything,

Please make me worthy to be your instrument, playing as you sing.

There’s just a single wish in my little heart,

 I am only yours, let us never part.

No comments: